Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Adding Farmhouse Inspired Wall Decor




Pin It
If you have been following along with me you probably know that I have been working on updating my living room. I started back in January with a new paint color, then gave my mirror above my fireplace a makeover, and since then I have been shopping around for accessories.
I recently came across two decorative plates at the thrift store from Nell Hills.

I love when I find designer goods at the thrift store!


I was hoping I could find the third plate but I only found two coordinating plates.






I tried hanging up just the pair but something was missing so I incorporated a white IKEA plate in the middle to finish my set of three, and hung them with hangers similar to this one:


http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/2030_2039-15181-wire_collectible_plate_hanger.html?ccset=US&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI)%20Shopping%20-%20Home%20Decor&utm_term=1101002953601&utm_content=Shopping%20-%20Home%20Decor




I used to have square plaques hanging up in this space and I knew I was going to replace them with something with a farmhouse flair, so when I painted the living room I left the nails in tact.



All I had to do was wash my plates, attach the hook and then hang them up.



Easy peasy and I LOVE how they look next to my fireplace!















This is an easy and budget friendly way to add a farmhouse touch to your décor, and you can't go wrong by picking up plates at the thrift store.



Pin It
There are a TON of plates to chose from and you can get really creative with this.

I found these designer plates for a couple bucks each and they retailed for $13 each so I saved quite a bit by hitting the thrift store before buying plates from a retailer.

I love the look my living room is taking on and can't wait until I can do a final reveal.


You can red about my mirror makeover HERE
And about the new wall color HERE
And get the details on my bamboo blinds HERE






I still have a few more accessories to paint and I'm waiting on the arrival of my new furniture so stay tuned...there will be more to see of my living room!

Jennifer




Linking Up To These Great Parties:


poular blogger thursday favorite things link partyThe-Creative-Exchange-Link-PartyH&GT BUTTON FALL


Grab button for Dishing it & Digging ItBewitchin' Projects Block Party



ftf hop headerMerry-Monday-Link-Party-300x300Be Inspired Link Party-Thursday

MMJ Link Party BadgePrettyProjectParty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.