Saturday, October 24, 2015

Little Fall Update with Spray Paint

 
As the seasons change I like to update the exterior of my  home just like I do on the inside.
 
Normally I change out my wreath on my front door with the season but they always get ruined from the elements, so I decided to try something new.
 
I have always loved houses that have a star displayed by their front door.
Its a little country, a little patriotic, and perfect for the look I was going for, so when I found this star at my local thrift store that was just the right size I had to buy it and gave it a make over.  
 
 

The red, white, and blue was great but wasn't really the look I was going for so I decided to use some paint I had on hand and paint it black.




When spray painting, I like to use my spray handle as I have shown here.

It makes the paint glide on evenly with professional results. If you don't already have one I suggest getting one....you'll be glad you did.

So I grabbed my supplies and got busy.




I sprayed a coat then came back about 10 minutes later and went over it a second time.
 
Then I let it dry over night.
 
And voila!
 
 
 
 

 
 
Pin It
 
It was just the little update that my front porch needed, and because I used Rustoleum paint, it will weather the elements just fine.
 
 
So what do you think? Do you like to decorated the outside of your home?
 
How about wreaths? Do you update them seasonally?
 
 
 
Jennifer
 
 


Inspire Me Tuesday


Marvelous Monday Linky PartyBlogging link party to help boost blog traffic photo Pin Worthy Wedneday_zpshijwokow.jpg


My PinterventuresDwellings-the Heart of You Home
Savvy Southern StyleH&GT BUTTON FALL

linkup party imageCreate • Share • InspireMcCall Manorhttp://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/2015/11/tuesdays-at-our-home-136-features.htmlimage not displayed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.