Sunday, February 8, 2015

Touch of Early Spring

Ground Hog's day was last week and that little rodent forecasted another six weeks of Winter. 
 
Well I disagree!
 
Its time to say good-bye to cold weather and gray skies and hello to pretty colorful tulips, birds chirping and sunshine!
 
 
I found this cheerful basket of flowers while thrifting recently and thought it would be the perfect little pick me up from the winter blues.
 
 
 
 
It was just the right size to hang on the door that goes to the basement.
 
The space is kind of a hallway between the front room and kitchen so I pass by it all the time and it just adds a little cheer to the space.
 
 
 


 
 
The pops of orangey red tulips and yellow flowers brighten things up and remind me that Spring really IS on its way! ........despite what that pesky rodent says! :)




The tulips and basket sold me on this piece. I couldn't resist!







The basket also has a nice texture. I think it was painted with chalk paint so it kind of has a rustic or country look to it which compliments my décor.




I was happy to find such a nice piece and couldn't wait to get it home and hung up.
 
It adds life to the space and reminds me that soon we will be welcoming all those pretty Spring flowers and dyeing Easter eggs, and until then I will enjoy my new basket of flowers.


 

Pin It
 
You can see the floral arrangement I picked out last year HERE.
 
I like to keep my eyes open at the thrift store for quality floral because it is so much more affordable. 
 You don't find it very often but when you I do I don't hesitate to pick it up.
 
 
So who is with me? Are you ready for Spring?
I can't wait!
 
 
 
Jennifer





Linking Up To These Great Parties:

Marvelous Monday Linky PartyNew Blog Hop Button125 Rustic and Refined
 
 The Bajan Texan

Savvy Southern StylePhotobucketDwellings-the Heart of You HomeTreasure Box Tuesday The Bajan TexanTreasure Hunt Thursday-From My Front Porch To YoursIvy and Elephants
http://www.thethriftyhome.com11 Magnolia LanePhotobucketI'm Not a Trophy Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.