Monday, January 5, 2015

New Rug and Slipcovers in the Dining Room

It has been a while since I have given you an update on the dining room.
 
It all started this past Summer with a new paint color,
 
then later in the Summer I made over my Craigslist dining room table, and now here we are.
 
My, my, how time has flown by!
 
 I lost my steam this fall and then came the holidays so the dining room makeover  naturally got put on the back burner.
 
If you follow me on Facebook you saw that I bought new slipcovers right around Thanksgiving.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I knew all along that I wanted slipcovers and a rug, but it has take me a while to pick them out.
 
Actually, the slipcovers were easy to find- it just took me a while to decide on which ones I wanted, but I the rug was very difficult to find.
 
 
I searched high and low and looked at many different colors and sizes of rugs until I finally came across this one from Target.


 
 
Threshold Fretwork Rug
 
http://www.target.com/p/threshold-fretwork-rug/-/A-14625596#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=gray+fretwork+rug
 
It wasn't too fussy or fancy, and it wasn't plane Jane either.
 
And the price was just right.
 
 
 
Pin It





 
 
The slipcovers were from Overstock which you can see HERE.
 
I haven't ironed them out yet so ignore the wrinkles!!!! :)

 





I like this rug because it is a low pile, meaning the fibers that make up the rug are short which means the chairs will glide over it easier, and it should be a lot easier to keep clean than a shaggy, high pile rug.



 
Pin It
 
The room is coming together nicely with just a few more things left before its all said and done!
 
 
The next round involves more paint, a nail gun, and some imagination, so there is definitely more to come in the dining room makeover before its all done, but for now, the slipcovers and rug really help solidify the gray and white color pallet and give it a nice cottage feel.
 
 

 
 Pin It
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Linking Up To:
A Stroll Thru LifeTreasure Box Tuesday
 
 
 
What did you make Whimsy Wednesday Link Party
 

 

 
Savvy Southern StyleYour Turn to Shine Link Party....Thursdays at 6AM EST | Hosted by anderson + grant, Bless'er House, Canary Street Craft, Joy in Our Home, and Meet the B's2013 Shab Friday logo The Shabby Nest[TILP%2520Badge%252001%255B10%255D.jpg]The Chicken ChickBy Stephanie LynnInspire Me Monday Link PartyThe Dedicated HouseDo Tell Tuesday on Vintage Zestftf hop header

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.