Saturday, July 5, 2014

Finding Pottery Barn Style the Craigslist Way

It's no surprise that I am a thrifty chick,
especially when it comes to home décor.
 
I always strive to find the look for less.
 
I shop with style and quality as my first two priorities,
and WHERE I find something most of the time
is irrelevant.
 
I have found beautiful home décor at garage sales, thrift stores, on the side of the road,
and once I found a very cute side table sitting next to the dumpster one day when I was living in an apartment years ago that I made over and kept in my front room for ten  years!
(oh how I loved that little red table) :)
 
So I don't really get caught up on WHERE I find something, as long as it is clean/nice (good quality) and a good price.
 
Lately I have had  my eye on this chair from Pottery Barn.
 
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/pb-basic-armchair/
 
 
But the $800+ price tag was a bit intimidating for my inner thrifty chick, so I decided to quit day dreaming about it and get serious to see if I could find a similar chair at a more reasonable price.
 
Well guess what?
I turned to my old pal Craig's List and found
exactly what I had been looking for!
 
She was sturdy, clean, and only used in the sellers formal living room so the wear and tear was minimal.
 
It was a good quality chair, the right style I was looking for, and the price was right!
 
So without further adieu, I would like to introduce you to my new side chair.
 
 Blog world, meet the newest member to my front room:
 
Miss Pottery Barn inspired white slip covered chair.
 
Pottery Barn Knock Off


My chair was listed as part of a three piece set.....sofa and two chairs, but I did not need two chairs,
 
nor did I need the sofa, so I asked if the seller would break up the set and sell me just one of the side chairs.



And its a good thing I asked because they agreed to sell me one of the chairs for $100 bucks!

 
Pin It 
So of course she immediately became mine!
 
Then we rented a U-Haul, and because U-Haul messed up my reservation, I ended up getting my U-Haul reimbursed so it essentially was for FREE!
(I know, crazy right?)
 
So we carried her away to her new home where she proudly displays my America flag pillow.
 
 
 
 
 
So what do you think?
 
Do you like white slipcovers?
 
Have you ever purchased anything from Craigslist?
 
 
I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
Linking Up to these Great Parties:
 
ItsOverflowing Flamingo ToesPhotobucket
 
The-Casual-Craftlete Bewitch Me & Titi Link PartyGet Your DIY OnMarvelous Monday Linky Party
Inspire-Me-Monday4_thumb.jpgThe Dedicated HouseBy Stephanie LynnIn and Out of the Kitchen Link PartyLil Mrs ToriYour Whims Wednesday
Savvy Southern StyleImparting GraceJUNKINLOGO2211111The Chicken ChickThe Shabby NestSay G'Day Saturday<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>The 36th AvenueTreasure Hunt ThursdayThe Shabby NestIvy and Elephantssouthern hospitalityThrifty Thursday Square

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.