Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New Paint Color in the Dining Room-Going Gray!

I has been an extremely busy couple months here at Decorated Chaos.
 
I moved back into the cape cod in January and have been slowly updating each room one by one. 
 
Last summer when we thought we were going to sell the house I made over the mudroom which you can read about HERE.
 
Now I am going room by room and updating all the other spaces, one by one, as I go.
 
Recently I started making over my dining room and just when I thought I was in love with this space I began to LOVE it even MORE!
 
Here is a preview of the progress:
 
 Driftwood Gray by Martha Stewart
 
Now, when I moved in the dining room was red and although I like red dining rooms, my favorite color is green so I painted it:
 
Happy Camper by Behr (in SW paint).
 
It was green and white with black and silver accents. 
 
 
 


 
 I loved how fun the green was to decorate with.
 
It had a martini theme and was perfect for entertaining my friends and family.

 
But after eight years it was time for a change.
 
My goal now was to update the space to a look that better represented the style of the house.
 
A lot of my rooms have a coastal/farmhouse feel so I wanted the dining room to flow with this style as well.
 
My first step was to pick a new color that would evoke a Coastal/Farmhouse feel
and after many trips to several paint stores,
and looking thru hours of blog posts and Pinterest boards,
I decided my new color was going to be:
 
Driftwood Gray by Martha Stewart
(in Glidden Duo Paint from HD).
 
 
Pin It
 

 

Look at this rich paint! It is the PERFECT gray.
No purple hue, green tone, or beige in site.
It is a solid, even balanced gray. (In my opinion)

 
 And can you believe this paint covered the vibrant green color WITHOUT an additional primer!
 
This paint is FABULOUS! It has primer built in but its different than other paint due to its wonderful coverage.
 
I have always used Sherwin Williams on the inside of the house and love their paint, I really do, but this paint takes the cake for coverage!
 
I give it an A+++!
 
 
 
Pin It
You save money and time by using products that multi purpose and this paint definitely held up to its promise.
 
Here is the Driftwood Gray color against my white hutch and antique brass chandelier.
 
 
 
I am leaning towards doing a special treatment to this wall.
 
It is the wall that leads you into the kitchen so its a major walkway which means whatever I do here needs to be flat and not stick out to interfere with the traffic flow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The gray transitions well with the soft yellow walls throughout the front room and kitchen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And this entryway will be getting a makeover too with new moldings and trim.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As for accessories, I am working to implement notes of coastal and farmhouse décor so here are a few of my accessories thus far..........
 
 
Glass jars with lemons, and wine corks.
I love the contrast of the yellow lemons against the gray
(and the yellow ties into the adjacent rooms as well),
along with a small glass jar with wine corks.
 
 
 

And what farmhouse doesn't have a little wooden stool?!
 
Mine is getting a makeover so you will definitely see more of her in the near future!




And these old dishes I found at a thrift store, oohhh, about a YEAR ago!
 
I knew I would have a space for them eventually, so I am SO glad I kept them!


 
 
So there ya have it!
 
Phase I of my dining room makeover.
 
If you are looking for a well balanced gray color I HIGHLY recommend Driftwood Gray.
 
And the Glidden Duo paint is FABULOUS!
 
The coverage that this paint provides is award winning!
 (and I am not being compensated to say that either!)
 
 
So next on my list is to get a dining room table and chairs, wall décor, and a rug.
 
So stay tuned for Phase II coming up soon!
 
 
So do you like the gray color?
 
 
 
 
Pin It 
 
Jennifer
 
 

 


Linking Up to These Great Parties:

Chic on a Shoestring
 
Treasure Hunt Thursdaybutton

partyfeaturesParty with UsThe Scoop
 

 The Shabby NestJUNKINLOGO2211111
Marvelous Monday Linky Party2014 New Link Party GraphicPhotobucketTiticrafty-Bewitch-me-LinkParty-400x400110308754_10203781373763465_7536899127074402936_n
 Treasure Box Tuesday 23In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party

Savvy Southern Stylehttp://www.thethriftyhome.comSay G'Day Saturday photo ftfhopbutton.jpgTop Collage FInal Weekend re Treat Link Party #71One Crafty Summer at Uncommon Designs! A fabulous summer project each week! #summer #diycrafts #onecraftysummerThe-Casual-Craftletelivelaughlinky 250x250The Chicken Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.