Monday, November 18, 2013

Thrifty Finds-Gettin' My Inner Thrifty Chick On

 
Hello everyone! Like my post title? LOL
 
Yes, its been a while since I posted one of my thrifty finds post, but really what I want you all to do is hear me when I say
"NOW is the BEST time of the year to shop the thrift stores" so get your booty up there!!!!!
 
And I TRULY mean it!
"Why", you ask?
 
Well, it is the end of the year and a lot of people are cleaning out their closets, organizing, purging, and preparing for the Holidays, and trying to get their donations off to the thrift stores for their tax credit before year-end.
 
So what does that mean to all of us thrifty chicks? .....you ARE a thrifty chick aren't you???!!!!
 
That means we can find a TON of crazy good stuff for OUR homes, or for Christmas gifts, at very affordable prices!
 
And if you think everything at the thrift store is old and done with its useful life, think again!
 
Check out this hamper I got that still had the Home Goods price tag on it.
It is pretty much brand new and adorable!
 
  
 
 
 
 
See the price tag?
Yes, there are a few wicker pieces coming lose that a little dab of glue will fix.
 
I love the fabric top and the size is perfect for our laundry room.
(which is finally getting an over due makeover in 2014)
oh yeah! 
 
 
 
 Clean on the inside....looks unused or gently used at most.
 
 
 
Then there was this picture.
 
I am a sucker for sunflowers and I love how this picture looks like an oil painting.  
 
 
 
 
It is a very nice picture and I think it was originally from Kirkland's.
  
  
Then there was this cool set of bathroom items.
 
Chrome and rattan. They have a retro feel and I was drawn to them so I decided to get the jar with the lid.  


 
 
Then of course more SHOES!
At $4.99, and the fact that these have never been worn....the soles are in perfect shape with NO marks, I had to get them. I LOVE the black and white gingham pattern and then the little silver studs and silver around the bow just made them irresistible!
 

 
 And I would be a crazy woman to pass up these curtain rods!
They are NEW IN THE BOX, silver, and have the
pearl/sea shell finials on the ends which go great with our bathroom décor, AND I have the perfect place for them which you will see later on this month. (wink, wink)
 
Oh and I can't move on without mentioning the price. See the original price was $24.99 EACH and I got them for $1.99 each!!!
Say what?
 
Yes, $1.99 each!
 
 
 
 
And for the LOVE of everything beachy, I also found this anchor that was in perfect shape that I had to have.
 
It will be perfect in our beachy bathroom or hanging up in the Summer by the back door.
 
Ironically enough I already have a wooden anchor I bought a long time ago that I planned on redoing this past Summer and it never got done, but this one is much better so I bought it and will donate the other one I have.  
 
 
And last but not least is this lamp. I have wanted one of these acrylic lamps for a while now and I found this one WITH the shade for $7.99.
 
Its a bit more than what I normally spend on lamps at the thrift store, BUT it came with the shade and was in prefect shape so I brought it home with me.
 
Its the perfect candidate for a lamp shade makeover that I have had on my mind for a while now.
(another 2014 project coming your way!)

 

 
 
 
 
 A few more misc. items and that wraps up a good day at the thrift store.
 
 
 
 
I hope you take advantage of this time of the year and get your booty out to your local thrift store.
 
Between now and the end of January is the best time of the year to find good deals.
 
 Pin It
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
Linking Up To:
House on the WayMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHosts_WorkItWednesdayMoonlight & Mason Jars Link PartypartyfeaturesThe Shabby Nestlivelaughlinky 250x250The Weekly Creative<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>Pinworthy Projects Party ButtonJUNKINLOGO2The Humble Brag Link PartyTitiCrafty by CamilaThree Mango SeedsMonday Funday Link Party at thatswhatchesaid.netNew Blog Hop Button125Making the World CuterBy Stephanie LynnThe Dedicated HouseThe Scoop
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.