Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Butterscotch-the Perfect Fall Flavor

 
I know there are many of you out there who LOVE chocolate. I am one of those people. I love chocolate too, but I also love the taste of butterscotch, especially butterscotch pudding. YUM!
 
 
 
My post today is not a post filled with tips of an elaborate recipe, or Rachel Ray kind of EVOO tips and tricks
 
 
but rather a rambling about how chocolate always seems to steal the show when there is another, more unique flavor out there that is perfect in the Fall.
 
And that flavor is Butterscotch.
 
Did you know they make butterscotch morsels? Just like chocolate chips but these are butterscotch, and with a little whipped cream and butterscotch chips, you can turn plain old run of the mill instant pudding into a fancy little parfait.
 
 
 

 
 
I also make a mean butterscotch oatmeal chip cookie......similar to a chocolate chip cookie but with butterscotch  morsels.
 
So watch out chocolate, there's a new kid in town!
 
 
 
If you have never tried butterscotch chips, I highly recommend them, especially for Fall & Holiday baking.
 
They are great in cookies and for making dips and little pudding parfaits like mine above! :)
 
 
 
 
Bon Appetite!
 
 
 
 
Jennifer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.