Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DIY Wood Block Photo Display

I am always looking for unique and fun ways to display our photos. Don't get me wrong, I am known for having a variety of picture frames around the house, but sometimes I want to display our photos in a more unique way so I came up with a creative solution.
 
 
I had blocks of wood sitting around from left over projects, and I had that pretty mint green paint I picked up at the last free paint Saturday that Ace Hardware hosted, so I decided to use what I already had and create this photo block.

wood block photo display






 

I started with a block of wood and painted it St.Johns Bay by Benjamin Moore in the Klark & Kensington paint from Ace Hardware.
 


 
Then, I roughed up the sides with some sand paper and distressed it lightly.



My friend Lori gave me some lace ribbon a long time ago and I knew I wanted to finally use it on this project so I cut it to fit and secured it with glue on the backside of the wood block.



For the picture, I found this picture that I wanted to use from our Picasa album and used the black & white feature and printed it on regular printer paper in wallet size, then cut it around the edges and adhered it to the block by rubbing some glue stick on the back of the picture.
 
 

And here it is with just the lace.  I love how this paint and lace give it a vintage feel, esp with the black and white photo, so I was half tempted to stop here, BUT I remembered I had these upholstery tacks and thought they would look good tacked on all four corners.



 
So here is the finished photo block.

 
 
 
 
 
I love how it turned out and can't wait to make some more for Christmas gifts this year.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Here it is next to a bride and groom figurine I found at the thrift store not too long ago. When we get married I will sit them by our wedding picture, but for now they are on a shelf in our bedroom with with everyday pictures.

I really like the paint color together with the lace and black & white photo. It all came together nicely and everything I needed I already had on hand.


If you have extra pictures to display and are looking for a fun and unique way to show them off, this is an easy way to create a customized display of your photos.
 
 

 
Pin It

 
Have a great day!
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
Linking Up to These Great Parties:
 French Country CottagePinworthy Projects Party Button
 
 
 Shabbilicious FridayMade in a Day
 
 
 Funky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #92Funky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150Monday Funday Link partyThe Dedicated HouseMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHouse on the Way64170_4719850152887_625893102_nGlitter Glue and Paint
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.