Sunday, August 4, 2013

Porch Makeover-Before and After

 Behr Porch Paint Makeover
 
Wow. This weekend went by really fast......but then again don't they all?! LOL
This weekend was the weekend I tackled my front porch.
 
Earlier this summer you may remember my post about changing out the porch light.
 
I was so happy to get rid of my 1980s light fixture and replace it with something more current that had a cottage look to it.
 
And I was super excited about the change and thought that was all the porch needed. WRONG!!!
 
 
Well, as time went on I grew more disgusted with the paint and color of the porch.
 
 
The paint was chipping and had become very dull and it always looked dirty.
 
 
I power washed it, swept it, but it STILL looked dirty and not very welcoming.
 
 
So one day, while I was shopping the hardware store for God knows what, I decided to check out the porch paint and wouldn't you know it, I walked away with a gallon and was ready to rock n roll!
 
 
I looked thru the color chart and came across three colors I thought I would like and tested them on small sections of the porch, and wouldn't you know it, I ended up going with the first one I originally picked.
 
 
I had never painted on cement and was cautious and wanted to test some spots before going all out and messing it up.
 
Here was my plan.....
 
 
So this is what I started with.....
 
A dull and outdated paint color,
 
 
that was stained from the door mat and chipping in spots.  
 
 
I was torn on which color to use, but decided that  instead of creating a contrast against the green shutters, I decided to go with a color that would compliment and enhance the color pallet.
 
This soft, cottagey green is called
 
Garden Lattice
by Behr
 
 
 
 
 
And the minute I began painting it on, I immediately saw a difference.
 
 
It was so bright and fresh!!!! 
 
And covered all the imperfections.
 
 
Here it is with the first coat of paint.
 
 
 
And here is the final view.
 
 
I took out the half dead plant in front of the porch to open up the space and I added a planter that looked like galvanized metal.
 
I liked the way the gray tones looked with the color and it added a modern touch to the porch as well.
 
 
Aaaahhhh, much better!!!! 
 
So what do you think?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It
 
Do you like the addition of another green tone, or do you think I should have gone with a contrasting color???
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
Linking up to:

 
In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party #26My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Dedicated HouseThe Scoop
 
 Inspiring Creative Moments square
 Ginger Snap Crafts: {wow me} wednesday #113 & a Silhouette Portrait Giveaway#SilhouetteDucks 'n a RowLink party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.com
  
What did you makeYour Whims Wednesday
Domestically SpeakingFrom My Front Porch To Yours
 
StoneGablePhotobucketMade in a DayShabbilicious Fridaylivelaughlinky 250x250birdsonwire
 Photo provided by Chicken Scratch Poultry http://chickenscratchpoultry.com/newmarvelousmondays buttonThe Ironstone NestRain on a Tin Roof

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.