Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adding a Little BLING

Today I spent some time playing around with my latest purchase from Hobby Lobby...acrylic rhinestones. {LOVE} them!


Got the entire canister for about $10 after applying my 40% off coupon. (Gotta love the coupons)



The set I bought contains various sized rhinestones and I decided to use them to add bling to my DIY faux mercury glass jars. (You can find the mercury glass tutorial here.)


I started by applying dabs of hot glue and randomly adhered various sized stones around the mouth of the jar. I wanted a random pattern so I literally applied them randomly, in no specific order. Even overlapped some along the way as I went.



And here is the finished jar paired with my "keep calm and buy shoes" lantern I recently found at the Goodwill.








This is a before picture of the lantern....


It was a weird shade of green that wasn't sassy enough for a piece like this...I really envisioned it to be red so I spray painted it, added some zebra print tissue for a little pizazz, and paired it up with my newly blinged out faux mercury glass jar. I have them sitting in my home office and love how sassy they turned out. They're a match made in heaven! :)






Pin It

Have a great week!
Jennifer


UndertheTableandDreaming





My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Tip Junkie handmade projects



Tuesday To Do Party






Creations by Kara




3 comments:

  1. wow, super cute!!! You could use these for so many projects ;o) Just wanted to invite you to join my Tasteful Tuesday Party. I have been hosting a recipe party (pretty successfully!!!) for over a year now, and this week we are opening up for crafts, DIY and home decor. Hope you can come by and check it out! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/08/fresh-pesto-pasta-salad-and-tasteful.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at bling! I love finding new bloggers with talent, love the animal print paper you used as well! New follower... love to have you stop and link up at my linky party which will be up later today!
    Kim
    tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.